I believe everybody needs a life coach.
I mean everybody. Even a life coach should get a life coach.
Why? Because life is too complex to face alone, we need help managing our obligations, wants, needs, and desires in order to bring balance to our life.
Yes, we all want to be happy, but none of us can identify what happiness is or really means to us.
What we really want is satisfaction, what we really want is fulfillment, what we ultimately want is to be content and that requires balance.
For the vast majority of us, life feels like running with a full cup of water while trying to keep it from spilling. Sounds nearly impossible, and for nearly all of us, it is.
Our future leaders have their hands full as she tries to balance the following: being a parent, being a spouse, leading her company, eating healthy, exercising everyday, getting adequate rest, exploring her spirituality, having some fun, traveling to new places, physically contributing her time to charity, pursuing further education, managing finances, maintaining friendships, and expressing her emotions healthily through her hobbies or art.
And of course, she has to have the discipline to keep a smile on her face even though she is falling apart. Even when she rewards herself for all the hard work she has done, she feels guilty about it.
The problem is we feel alone in our struggles. We believe that everyone else has this juggling act down to a manageable science. Little do we know, almost everyone feels the same exact way and we are too afraid to admit it.
WE NEED HELP!!!
YOU NEED HELP!!!
I NEED HELP!!!
That is why we all need Life Coaches. And we must first admit we need help, then we must get rid of the following misconceptions about life coaches:
Life coaches don’t have the answers, good life coaches have questions because they understand that the only person who has answers, is YOU!!! Their job is to help you discover the answers
Life coaches aren’t here to judge you, good life coaches are emotionally intelligent, they have the unique ability to empathize with you and your situation and to regulate their emotions during social interactions. They feel your stress which helps them relate to your struggle.
Life coaches don’t have perfect lives, life is a balancing act, no one’s life is perfect we all have problems. It’s the life coach’s imperfections that make them valuable. You want a coach that has experienced adversity in their life, just like you would rather have a surgeon with experience instead of a brand new surgeon for a life-threatening operation.
Life coaches don’t have to be more successful than you, success can only be defined intrinsically. A life coaches job is to help you achieve your goals not to make you feel inferior because of how great their life is.
Here is what a good life coach can do for you:
- Hold You Accountable – I’m not talking about giving you a letter grade like a school or scolding you like a parent. You need someone to provide you with feedback so you can do some introspection and react accordingly. Most of us have all kinds of metrics that measure our performances at work which stresses us out, why not have a life coach who will only present the metrics that are important to you, and since you are the boss you don’t have to worry about external pressure and expectations.
- They Listen to You – Life coaches actively listen, meaning they attempt to cut out all distractions in order listen to you. Many of us don’t feel like anyone is listening to us at work or at home, it is extremely important that we voice our concerns to a caring individual. Listening is a skill, that requires preparation and practice. Sadly. most of society isn’t prepared to listen to you. A life coach, not only listens to the words that come out of your mouth but also your tone, your body language, and your eye contact. Most importantly, they do it without judgment, they do it with emotional intelligence.
- Manage Time – Life is made of time, however, it never seems like we have enough time to do anything. A good life coach helps you manipulate time. They also help you to learn how to make time. That’s impossible! Not really, you manipulate time by planning and you make time through the actions you complete with your time. Life coaches understand that the most important investment you could ever make in life is what you do with your time.
- Ask Questions – If you want answers, you have to ask questions, you have to be curious you have to be interested. And if you want better answers you need better questions. Wouldn’t it be great if you had two intelligent people asking questions about you (yourself and a life coach)? You will not only get more answers, you will finally get the attention that you have been yearning for. A life coach is genuinely interested and curious about you and how you operate. You are special and once you have a life coach they will never let you forget it.
- Generate Ideas – Our lives are governed by ideas like politics, religion, money, and work to name a few. It is important to discover ideas that server you and your goals. A good life coach will not only help you generate ideas but they will also share ideas and help you evaluate ideas. Being able to bounce ideas of a non-judgmental being is an invaluable experience, compared to the normal society of dream killers.
What we really need in life is an ally. Someone who will understand the difficulties of everyday life. Someone who will listen to our struggles and not make us feel bad about ourselves. We need someone who will actually listen to us and help us find solutions unique to our goals, needs, wants, and desires. Someone who will help us remain disciplined, someone to share ideas with, someone who is interested in our essence as a human being.
Someone that she can ask the question “Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Who is the Fairest of Them All?” And the Life Coach will reflect back to her an optimistic, healthy, rich, educated, creative, giving, recharged, mother, spouse, leader, explorer, who can have her cake and eat it too.
Employees are upset with the current state of work. They are asked to get more done as their workforces shrink, their disposable income shrinks, and as profits rise in their companies. AtRead More…
Most of the people I meet today are sick and tired of being sick and tired. Yet, most of the people I meet don’t even know that they are sick and tired. WeRead More…
For many of us, there was a point in time before we had children in which we were sure that we would do a better job than our parents. We believedRead More…
Why is it that we love to take pictures, yet hate pictures were taken of us? Why is it that we are quick to point out the flaws of others but fightRead More…
Nobody wants to talk about depression. Nobody wants to admit they have or are experiencing depression. Chances are that everyone experiences depression at some point or even multiple times throughout their lives.Read More…
There are two sides to every story. At first glance, social media platforms are a benefit to society. They allow us to connect with people all over the world instantaneously andRead More…
How are your communication skills?
No really, how good are you at transferring a message clearly to another individual, in such a way that they clearly understand your intended meaning of the message.
If you are like most individuals chances are you suck at communicating.
And if you believe you are a great communicator, how did you arrive at your conclusion.
A. Studied and Practiced communication
B. Experienced a Large number of cultures and subcultures around the world
C. Have you been mentored or coached by a great communicator
If you didn’t answer yes to any of those options how could you be a great communicator?
I want you to take 5 minutes to think about or observe your current work environment. How many of your current work problems are due to communication?
What about the major problems?
I bet almost all of you work problems or organizational work problems stem from miscommunication. Someone doesn’t know what is expected of them, someone’s tone in their voice makes others upset, someone unknowingly upset another person but the offended person won’t talk to them about it, the organization doesn’t set clear boundaries or expectations, someone didn’t call to say they were going to be late, a customer is upset because of a price, the manager failed to plan, and the list goes on and on.
Take a moment and let this set in.
Communication is a difficult process, you need to utilize your mind, body, and spirit to effectively communicate with others. It requires patience, practice, persistence, and experience to various people, styles of communication, and culture. Yet we take it for granted when we hire people, promote, and put teams together. This creates a work culture that sucks…. it actually sucks the life out of people.
Everyone has to learn and continue to learn how to communicate.
Without this vital skill, work environments are highly dysfunctional and far less productive than they could be. Leading to countless HR, issues, turnover, and poor leadership. No wonder why most people hate work!!! If you want a work environment that doesn’t suck, the first skill your organization, executives, managers, employees, and you should master is communication. Do you get the message?
If you are an employer out there, I hope the title has captured your attention, please excuse the curse word. However, it seems as if employees for the last few years haveRead More…
Have a Heart. #work #career #twinlightenment #job #empathy #heart #employee #worklifebalance #engagement #peoplematter #emotionalintelligence #inspirationalquotes #inspire #quotes #quotestoliveby #quoteoftheday #inspiration #videoquote #livingthedream #livingthedreambrother #aspiringentrepreneur #myworkismylife #mylifeismyart #myartisthemessage
Ecuador, so Amazing! ….I could honestly consider living there. This picture reminds me to stand by my motto as I’m in control to choose my destiny. “The life I choose to live” #twinlightenment #ecuador #ilovetotravel #worldtraveler #travel #live #goals #plan #choose #livingthedream #livingthedreambrother
Are you working because you choose to or because you have to? #connectionmondays #work #worklife #career #job #choices #option #obligation #opportunity #gratitude #comment #share #connect #talkaboutit #youarenotalone #wearelistening #twinlightenment #aspiringentrepreneur #livingthedream #livingthedreambrother #myworkismylife #mylifeismyart #myartisthemessage #inspire
I loved the free spirited city of Amsterdam! How nice it would be to use the same free spirit mindset to achieve the perfect work life balance! We are back!! #workingremotely #travel #work #worklifebalance #worklife #travel #worldtraveler #worldtravel #peace #twinlightenment #livingthedream #amsterdam #live #dreams #livingthedreambrother #goals #realpicture #pancakes
What at work is sucking the life out of you? #connectionmondays #twinlightenment #work #worklife #life #shareyourstory #weareallconnected #youarenotalone #aspiringentrepreneur #connect. #worksucks #wereback #inspire #youneveknowwhoiswatching #livingthedream #livingthedreambrother #myworkismylife #mylifeismyart #myartisthemessage
Have a heart #work #career #job #employees #employers #TuesdayThoughts #howtothriveinthe21stcentury #twinlightenment pic.twitter.com/Q0VmyhXOpB — Twinlightenment (@twinlightenment) November 14, 2017 Please join and follow us on these platforms
Regain your power #work #ThursdayThoughts #career #worklife #job #choose #howtothriveinthe21stcentury #react pic.twitter.com/rivLh4jLrz — Twinlightenment (@twinlightenment) November 9, 2017 Please join and follow us on these platforms